Yes, I've used this gif before and I will be using it again. I'll never get tired of it and neither will you.
Speaking of ,did you know that "gif" is pronounce "jif"? This was me when someone told me that this weekend.
This garbage is apparently so important that the NY TimeS posted an article about it...
I will continue to call it a GIF because it sounds better in my head. JIF is peanut butter. That is all.
Remember how I told you about my coworker that says eXspecially...well yesterday I caught her saying espresso correctly (I swear the ones that say eXspecially normally say eXspresso)...now why the hell can't she apply this knowledge to that "x" that doesn't exist in especially?!?
And why does it bother me so bad...let it go.
Any other confession I might bring to you today would be forced and therefore not funny, so I'm going to go ahead and excuse myself here and let you be on your merry way.
Happy Humpday loves!







i was talking to an acquaintance when he said the word "ax". as in "i'm going to ax him a question". omfg i laughed so hard and said "did you actually just say "ax" in that sentence?!".
ReplyDeletethanks for linking up!
lol honestly i thought it was GIF NOT JIF. thats just dumb. and dont hate me i think i say espresso, expresso. but i never drink it or order it so, yeah. but everything else i say normally!
ReplyDeleteOh my God I hate people chewing with there mouth open as well it's annoying.
ReplyDeleteHaha these are perfect & you're right, the globe doesn't get old.
ReplyDeleteWHAT, JIF?? Oh well, he's just the inventor, what does he know?
ReplyDeleteUgh, I hate when people mispronounce words, it makes me twitchy! I have to use all of my self control to correct them!
I have been pronouncing it wrong this whole time - whoops!!! And yes - hate when people chew with their mouth open - so gross!!
ReplyDeleteI agree, I will continue to call it gif because Jif is a peanut butter. The end. :) And I love that gif of the little kid falling down after getting hit with the ball. I'm such a bad person... LOL!
ReplyDelete<3, Pamela
sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com
Dude the other day I was talking to someone and I said expresso and as soon as it left my mouth I was "OMG WHO AM I" I was sooooo embarrassed. =/
ReplyDeletePeople chewing loudly/with their mouthes open is my all time biggest pet peeve. Unfortunately, my husband sounds like a cow when he eats, so I'm constantly being tortured.
ReplyDeletegah the chewing with the mouth open I could kill some people. seriously.
ReplyDeleteI heard that about the pronunciation of "gif." Yeah, I'm still using a hard g for that shit. Fuck it. hahaha
ReplyDeleteJif???? Sometimes I even add the "s" on it when speaking.....I mean it's blogger language like IRL....nobody needs to be writing articles about it right?
ReplyDeleteI talked to your co-worker.. she said she pronounces that word wrong because you can't say "gif" right! Ha! Just kidding!! People who say "axe" instead of "ask" make my skin crawl. Also any kind of loud noises while eating is just rude and drives me nuts too!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll take chewing with the mouth open over people who literally unhinge like an alligator and stick their paws in their mouths to pick something out of a molar!!! I mean WHAT is THAT about????....cannot stand that one.
ReplyDeleteLOL and you totally looked like that llama thing when R told us the "correct" (and I put that in quotes b/c I actually don't support that) pronunciation for GIF, which I agree is total bullsh*t. I mean the rules and exceptions of the English language are ridiculous, how do people even learn it?!?!
OMG some people people who shall remain unmentioned say "sleep" instead of "asleep". My baby is sleep right now. Aeeehhhhhhahhh talk about nails on a chalkboard!
So I kind of love that Kenan & kel gif... which I never thought to pronounce "jif"...who knew?!
ReplyDeleteIs it really jif and not gif?? what?? This changes things o.O oh and my word I hate people chewing with their mouths open. Nothing worse!
ReplyDelete